Search Engine

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Robbery

It may be 10′O clock in the night. I was a bit late from my office and i was standing at the bus-stand to catch the bus. There was a coffee shop nearby. It was the only shop in the neighbourhood. It appeared there used to be late guests to that stall. For I could see that the stall owner was not in a mood to close the shop.
Then I saw two fellows enter the shop. Their appearance was far from satisfactory. They went in and ordered for their glass of coffee. While they were sipping their glass, I could see them talking. Then I saw both of them move towards the counter where the stall-keeper was sitting. From the way he talked to them, it showed he knew them already. After few minutes, I could hear hot exchange of words. I could also see that the stall keeper was self-possessed. While an altercation was going on, one of the two guests whipped up a knife and threatened to stab the shopkeeper. The other fellow put his hand and took what all cash he could take. I was in a dilemma. I could neither go for rescue nor cry because that would be futile. The stall-keeper was raising a hell of noise and even at the risk of his life, would not allow the ruffians to bolt away with the cash. Luckily for him, the long awaited bus will full complements came there. Seeing the bus the ruffians left the place and run away, before the stall-keeper could recover and cry for help, the ruffians were gone. As already the bus with a heavy heart because, I have failed in my duty to save the shopkeeper.

4 comments: